HEALTHY FOOD FOR HEALTHY HAIR
Totally healthy hair is every woman's dream. What few know is that in order to realize this beautiful dream, in addition to investing in excellent quality hair products, free of harmful chemicals, it is essential to acquire nutrients properly, nourishing the hair from the inside out.
Nutrition through food is super important for hair growth and health. Through food, we ingest vitamins and minerals that are of paramount importance to our body and are responsible for hair growth, in addition to keeping it totally healthy.
“If you’re not eating enough of the correct foods, or your body is not absorbing enough of the nutrients, this can result in excessive shedding,” trichologist Anabel Kingsley told Business Insider. “Even if you’re only slightly deficient in a nutrient, the body withholds this from the hair first.”
A well-nourished organism with essential vitamins and minerals develops hair and nails that beautify and improve our self-esteem. Healthy habits, such as frequent physical exercise, and special care with our diet are vital to improve the appearance and physiology of the skin, strengthen nails and reduce hair loss, in addition to providing shine and vitality.
A healthy lifestyle directly contributes to the health and appearance of the hair, being an essential part in a pre and post Smoothing Hair Treatment.
ESSENTIAL VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR HAIR AND SKIN
Hair is composed of a variety of nutrients in proportions considered ideal for maintaining your health and beauty. The presenters of vitamins and minerals, a food - which are often not naturally developed by the body - are responsible for performing important functions of resistance, nutrition and conservation of hair, nails and skin.
Among the main essential components for maintaining strong, beautiful and healthy hair are the following vitamins and minerals:
• B-Complex Vitamins (B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12)
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin D
• Vitamin E
• Beta Carotene
• Omega 3
Some more in-depth details of each of these components:
• Vitamin A: it is an antioxidant and contributes to the maintenance of the skin's health.
• B vitamins (B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12): they are important for hair growth to prevent falls and also act in the recovery of scalp health.
• Vitamin C: Helps in the production of collagen, essential for the structure of the threads, also helps to prevent damage and aging of the threads, making them stronger.
• Vitamin D: It is necessary to reduce the rough appearance of the hair and protect it from weather damage. The main form of metabolism is exposure to the sun.
• Vitamin E: Helps in the blood circulation of the scalp, improving the arrival of nutrients to the hair, in addition to having antioxidant action, protecting the hair.
• Beta Carotene: Beta carotene fights aging and weakens the hair, in an appropriate way the consumption helps to keep the hair stronger.
• Zinc: zinc is related to hormonal control, including DHT levels in the scalp, which is related to
androgenetic alopecia. Adequate intake of zinc is essential, as this nutrient assists in the production and repair of tissues
and also of the hair, guaranteeing the good functioning of the hair follicles.
• Calcium: its deficiency in the body can leave the hair weak and brittle, therefore it is important to replace this mineral through the diet.
• Magnesium: An important nutrient for strengthening the hair tissue. One of the occurrences that result in hair loss and baldness is inflammation and the formation of calcium deposits in hair follicles. Magnesium helps dissolve these deposits, ensuring oxygenation and receiving nutrients. Thus, magnesium deficiency can result in alopecia and baldness.
• Omega 3: It is one of the essential nutrients for the hair, as it helps in the growth and strengthening of the hair.
• Selenium: selenium deficiency can cause changes similar to zinc deficiency, as well as a lack of
pigmentation of hair and skin.
• Iron: It is the nutrient that assists in the transport of oxygen by red blood cells, helping in hair growth. Iron deficiency is directly related to hair loss.
Estudos indicam que qualquer deficiência nutricional pode alterar a aparência de cabelos e unhas, porém, a insuficiência de ferro, zinco e selênio é a principal causa. Cabelo, pele e unhas saudáveis são um sinal de boa saúde geral, associada a boas práticas e cuidados com os mesmos
HEALTHY NUTRITION TO IMPROVE HAIR GROWTH
If in addition to stronger, healthier and nourished hair you are also looking for results such as accelerating hair growth, we have some special tips for you.
In addition to a healthy and well-balanced diet, it is very important to treat your daily hair care routine in a special way, with products that do not contain any chemical components harmful to your health.
Preferably look for products that directly help in the nutrition of the hair, with amino acids, vitamins and minerals that the human body does not naturally produce, such as L-Arginine, and original, organic natural components that contribute to health. and hair growth, such as Coconut and Açai oils and extracts.
Professional treatments, such as Hair Smoothing Treatments, also known as Keratin Treatment or Brazilian Blowout, are very famous in hair growth and nutrition treatments, and are fantastic when combined with healthy and nutritious hair.
Professional Hair Treatments + Daily Basis Nutrition Through Food
The results of these treatments can (and should) be fantastic, contributing directly to hair health and providing fantastic results, such as growth, straightening, shine and protection, but you must always be attentive - always look for professionals who never use products with Formaldehyde or any other harmful chemical component, and prioritize organic based products, such as the famous Brazilian Smoothing Treatments
Combining balanced nutrition through food and the use of products of proven quality is an essential strategy for long-term treatment to accelerate hair growth.
Tip: Hair Home Care products, which contain components that contribute to hair growth, such as Arginine (L-Arginine), together with a balanced diet can bring evident results in a short time.
For balanced nutrition that contributes to your hair growth, try to include the following foods and nutrients in your diet:
Vegan Hair Growth Foods:
• Leafy Vegetables
These are foods that are rich in vitamin B (such as walnuts and Açai), so they are directly linked to hair growth, in addition to helping to transport oxygen to the scalp.
General Hair Growth Foods:
They help to make the strands stronger and more beautiful. They help to regulate the transport of oxygen into the bloodstream, facilitating the moistening of the scalp and the arrival of nutrients in the hair.
They are foods rich in zinc, which stimulate the production of elastin and collagen, bringing resistance to the hair strands.
Red meats, beans, and leafy vegetables: help to regularize the transport of oxygen into the bloodstream, facilitating irrigation on the scalp and the arrival of nutrients to the hair.
It is also always a good idea to know some habits that have effects contrary to the growth stimulus and, in fact, delay hair growth.
If you are looking for results like hair growth and hair loss prevention, avoid:
• Products and foods rich in processed sugars - generate irritation and reduce the size of the follicles responsible for producing the hair.
• Products and foods rich in starch (such as white bread and pasta) - are low in protein and impair the health of hair strands.
• Excessive salt consumption - can stimulate hair loss and slow down its growth.
• Superindustrialized foods with trans fat, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks - should be avoided because they do not add anything that helps the health of the hair and, on top of that, impair its flow of healthy growth and health in general.
Combine Healthy Eating with Organic Products
Invest always in Professional Cosmetics that will protect and strengthen the strands during hair treatments, always opt for products composed with Keratin and organic oils such as coconut oil, avocado oil, among others, these oils besides not harming the organism still leave the hair stronger and nourished. Buy products suitable for your type of hair and make applications according to your hair schedule. Find out more about our products and choose the ideal one for your daily life.
Find out more about our products, developed with the latest technology and organic components, such as Coconut and Aloe Vera oils, and choose the ideal line for your hair, and use them in your day-to-day, along with optimized nutrition, through a healthy and balanced diet.
References used (and special thanks to):
Dan Gold (Photography): https://unsplash.com/@danielcgold
Jessica Oliveira (Photography): https://unsplash.com/@jjoliveira
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5315033/ - Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use | GUO, Emily L.; KATTA, Rajani
http://www.diaadiaeducacao.pr.gov.br/portals/pde/arquivos/2527-6.pdf - Autoestima, cabelos e nutrição | 2008/2009 | DE ANDRADE, Sonia Raquel | Coordenação do Programa de Desenvolvimento Educacional (PDE), Governo do Estado do Paraná